2 WHERE ARE YOU GOING ITA: THE LAST LIGHT SWITCHED OFF

THE LAST LIGHT SWITCHED OFF

Monday 2 February 2009



I went to see her, a few days ago, I think that it was the first time I was conscious that it would be the last time we were going to see each other. When she saw me, she tried to say something, I don't know what, bacause I didn't understand anything, I didn't even know if she recognized me or knew who I was.

While I was with her, a pile of sensations came to me, partly because it was difficult for me to understand the death. I couldn't say anything, I just could see her and asked myself why, Why she didn't die. I don't know whether she grasped on live or she was waiting for death to come to visit her, and it was delayed.

The fact is, that today, a grey and rainy february morning, the last light of my family, switched off, at the end, death found her, after 97 years.

I can't say that the relationship with my grandmother has been good, sha has been my grandmother simply, those who practised really, went out time ago. She was my grandmother in few ocasions, but enough to remember and assess. I feel that one part of my history has disappeared.

This death, has a lot of consequences too. Tomorrow, during the funeral, I'm only not going to see her off, I'm going to see off more people too. Today february the 2nd, I'm going to do full stop.

Whereareyougoingita is in mourning, and this is her tribute. God bless her soul.


No comments: