2 WHERE ARE YOU GOING ITA: SALAMANCA RESTAURANT

SALAMANCA RESTAURANT

Sunday 25 January 2009



Address: C/Almirall Cervera 34-27

City: Barcelona

Web: http://www.gruposilvestre.com/

Persons: 2

Price: 44€

One week ago I recieved a phone call from a friend explaining to me that her parents had given her a car, so last friday she was going to collect it, and I recieved the appropriate short message. Are we going to clebrate it with a paella? Of course!.

As my state is what it is, I couldn't go to her house, my wooden leg doesn't allow me go up stairs, and in my house, things are not good as to go there to eat a paella, so we just had one option, to go to a neutral place, "La Barceloneta".

I look and asked for a very good place where we could go to eat paella in Barceloneta, and we had two options, either to innovate with a restaurant a good recomendation on the internet, or to go to a classic and sure one.

The first we made in Barceloneta was a car visit, we didn't know that Barceloneta was a green area restricted to residents, so to go ny car there is bad, well, bad, not bad... it's the worst, at the end, we parked the car in a parking where we paid 12€. Another of the numerous good politicies of Barceloba city council.

We walked a little through Barceloneta to check the different options that we had studied, the first one was quite good, then we went to the second one, and it was good too, but the limitng conditions that were me and my crutches, were the fact that we decided for the second option, then we were going to eat in Salamanca Restaurant.

Before having lunch, we have went to the beach that it was in front of the restaurant, to be hungry so at 15 p.m. we decided to get into the restaurant as the sun was going down and the weather was too cold to be in the terrace.

In the door there were some waiters, and one of them fished us and quickly she introduced us inside the restaurant. The girl was so hurried that she didn't realize that I was with crutches.

When we were inside, we still didn't have a table, so we had been to wait a little while I asked myself why the waiters were so hurried. Well, I know the answer, but perhaps she shholud brake her energy at least when the restaurant is full, but if this looks like an anecdote, in the end it has been the tendency of the lunch.

When we sat down at a table, a waiter came inmediately asking us if we were going to drink something. Well, the answerd was obvious, but the waiter hadn't bring us the menu, so he bring it us quickly at the same time that he asked us about bread with the bread in his hand. Our answer has been "of course".

We ordered the wine, and it was served in less than 5 minutes. It was fresh and perfect. While we were talking, a waiter arrived behind me and said "The paella". my friend who was in front of me, saw the paella, but when I turned myself the paella wasn't there, the waiter went with it, and two minutes later, he came back with two full dishes.

With our food on the table, they left us alone and as we were in the las round of lunch, they didn't rush up with coffes, that it has been an enjoyable after lunch with cookies, this time an invitation of the house (I say this because they charged us the bread, and exprensively).

Well the culinary review is: the paella wasn't bad, by my point of view, and I have to say taht it was full of red pepper and if you don't like then the opinion could be very different. The value for your money: expensive.

When you pay 44€ for a paella, in a known restaurant, it must be a requirement to have a good service and with this I want to say that the paella must be showed, served in front of the client and left the paella in the table.

The last I want to say is I don't put up with a pleasurable sunday and paying 44€ and a restaurant that treats me as if I was eating a menu in a normal day in any restaurant so my qualification is a pass, but nearly a fail and all this for the service.


No comments: