2 WHERE ARE YOU GOING ITA: THE WORM MONTH

THE WORM MONTH

Saturday 1 November 2008



Don't be worried, I'm not going to speak about a new animal in the Chinese calendar nor anything referenced to that country.... but I'm actually going to speak a little about chance and probablility

- In general, it could happen that you won the lottery, and a lot or a little, it's really that it happens at all.

- It could happen that you won the lottery twice, then you are a little more lucky than the others, that's all.

- In some cases, It could happen that you won the lottery three times, then everybody would agree that you are a very lucky person.

- and in few cases could happen that you won the lottery four times, and now people say that you are filthy lucky.

Well, something similar has happened to me, and it has been like this.

Everything began this present year on october 2nd. I had arranged to have lunch with a friend in a well-known comercial center in the city, and after a litlle walk, we decided to go into an Italian Restaurant, both ate a salad as a starter, but when the main course arrived I had ordered pasta with grilled vegetables, and to tell the truth, they were really delicious, but when I was just finishing, definitely there it was, a green fried worm surrounded with oil. The worm had considerable proportions so I commented to my friend if it really was or it wasn't, and she commented me that definitely it was.

When the waiter came and I showed him the worm, he exclaimed goodness!!! He went to the kitchen with my dish and he came back again later saying to me that they were going to pay my menu, but the cooks had said to him that the worm had appeared from the wooden beam that we just had over us, and I answered him kindly, if the worm had fallen down from the beam, it was live or contusioned, but it wasn't fried and surrounded with oil.

A week later, I was at home, having supper.... to desserts I was peeling a pome granae, my favourite fruit, and when I had finished and I taste it, it was a little tasteless and then I put some wine in the bowl and then it was there, a black worm soaked with wine on my bowl. I looked at the bowl attentively, I couldn't understand where it had appeared, but at the end the worm didn't convince me and I went to bed without desserts.

The october 25th, I went to a cellar with some friends, a cultural visit, and in the end of the visit, a wine tasting session. As I was at an extreme of the table, I was the first person to be served and when they opened the first bottle and they put some wine in my cup, then it was there, a worm, a new one floating in my wine. The teacher kindly took my cup and he gave me another full cup. He didn't know that it was my third worm of the month.

So October 26th, a day after my last worm, at the end of an entertaining meal in the balcony, we took a coffe, but the worm wasn't in the balcony nor in the coffe..... This time the surprise came when I opened the chocolate blook that was accompanying my coffe. Yes, there it was a worm, white with black chubby cheek. The poor one was stuffing oneself with chocolate.... and here was my las worm.



And now I ask myself, as well as to be filthy lucky I have to understand a message? Dos any superior force want to say to me something? I have something very clear, If I don't eat meat then absolutely no worms!


No comments: